A delicious “Spring Salad” Recipe. ~ Yummy!!
Spring Salad with Shaved Carrots and Beets
Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 2 and 1/4 cups
- 4 cups mixed spring greens, rinsed and dried
- 2 baby carrots, rinsed
- 2 baby beets, rinsed
- 2 tsp avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Flavored vinegar to taste
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Toss the greens with the avocado oil, then pile them high on a plate. Shave the carrots and beets on a mandolin or with a sharp knife. You can leave the skin on — just make sure you rinse them very well.
- Garnish with the flavored vinegar and avocado slices.
- Serve immediately.
Each serving has 123 calories, 8 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 5 g dietary fiber, 6 g sugar, and 2 g protein.
Print recipe – Handout-Shaved-Spring-Salad
Cathy Bowers, RD
Nutrition For A Lifetime