Are you looking for a healthy and delicious recipe to make this weekend?
You will find most of these ingredients at your local farmers market.
Click here to find a market near you.
5 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1 cup tomato sauce
1 small eggplant, sliced (1/2 inch)
1 red onion, medium slices
2 summer squash, sliced (1/2 inch)
2 zucchini, sliced (1/2 inch)
1 red bell pepper, chopped in big chunks
1 orange bell pepper, chopped in big chunks
3 medium tomatoes, medium slices
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small pot, heat the olive oil and garlic over medium-low heat. Cook about 1 minute.
3. Drizzle 2 tbsp of oil into your 9×9 pan
4. Layer the eggplant, onion, zucchini, summer squash, peppers and tomato in the dish.
5. Spread the remaining tomato sauce on top then sprinkle with basil and top it off by drizzling the remaining oil on top.
6. Season with salt and pepper
7. Roast until it starts to brown on the top and around the edges. About 25-30 minutes.
I hope you enjoy the recipe 🙂