Do you need help eating more “whole grains”?
Whole Grains Month is a great time for everyone to get on the whole grains bandwagon. Eating better is not an all-or-nothing choice; every little improvement you make in your food helps – in every month.
Post this list of “baby-steps” on your fridge, and try as many as possible this month:
- I’ll buy three diﬀerent loaves of whole-grain bread and taste all of them to see which one we like best.
- I’ll serve bulgur or brown rice instead of potatoes with dinner one night this month.
- I’ll look for the Whole Grain Stamp every time I shop.
- I’ll try a new breakfast cereal with at least 16 grams of whole grain per serving.
- I’ll buy some whole-wheat pasta and try it.
- I’ll visit the health food store or a major grocery and look at all the diﬀerent grains in bins.
- I’ll make my favorite whole grain recipe for a friend.
- On the weekend, I’ll try cooking a pot of steel-cut oatmeal.
- I’ll make pizza for the kids with whole wheat pita as the crust.
- I’ll make our favorite cookies with whole wheat ﬂour next time instead of white.
- I’ll serve hamburgers with whole wheat buns this week.
- I’ll try all of the WGC’s Dozen Easy Family Whole Grain Recipes.
Extra resources from Whole Grains Council
Do you need help with meal planning? Do you have the time to create a shopping list when you go to the grocery store? We can help save you time and money with our healthy and delicious “Recipe Club”. Contact us today and we will get you started! It will be best investment you ever made for you and your family.
Cathy Bowers, RD