Home » Uncategorized » I love chocolate! Do you?

I love chocolate! Do you?

download

I Love Chocolate! Do You?

Is Chocolate Good for Your Heart?

Why a little, in moderation, may be beneficial-
Chocolate has gotten a lot of media coverage in recent years because it’s believed that it may help protect your cardiovascular system. The reasoning being that the cocoa bean is rich in a class of plant nutrients called flavonoids.

Flavonoids help protect plants from environmental toxins and help repair damage. They can be found in a variety of foods, such as fruits and vegetables. When we eat foods rich in flavonoids, it appears that we also benefit from this “antioxidant” power.

Antioxidants are believed to help the body’s cells resist damage caused by free radicals that are formed by normal bodily processes, such as breathing, and from environmental contaminants, like cigarette smoke. If your body does not have enough antioxidants to combat the amount of oxidation that occurs, it can become damaged by free radicals.

Are all types of chocolate healthy?

Your best choices are likely dark chocolate over milk chocolate (especially milk chocolate that is loaded with other fats and sugars) and cocoa powder that has not undergone Dutch processing (cocoa that is treated with an alkali to neutralize its natural acidity). To read more on chocolate, click HERE

Do you want to learn how to eat mindfully and healthy 80% of the week and enjoy the other 20%? By following this plan, you will be able to say “Good-bye to diets!” Come out to my “Simple Nutrition” clinic on Saturday, April 16 at 10 am. I will give you the tools you need to start that healthy lifestyle you have always wanted to have but just didn’t know where to begin.

Where: Virginia Garden Organic Grocery Store which is at the Virginia Beach Farmers Market

Cost: $35 (bring a friend for FREE!)

To reserve your spot – click HERE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!