If you eat what you’ve always eaten, you’ll weigh what you’ve always weighed.
Healthy Tip – Pack healthy snacks for work
Come out to the “7 Healthy Nutrition Habits” on Saturday, March 19 @ 10 am. Let me give you the tools you need to develop a healthy lifestyle and say good-bye to diets forever.
The clinic is at the Virginia Garden Organic Grocery store located at the Virginia Beach Farmers Market
The clinic is FREE!!! So bring a friend and start off this spring by investing in your health.
Email Cathy to reserve your spots today – firstname.lastname@example.org
Caldo Verde – serves 4
4 cups water
1 small onion, chopped
1 1/2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
1 bunch kale, chopped
1 can red kidney beans, low sodium, rinsed and drained
- Bring the water to a simmer
- Add the onion, potatoes, salt, pepper, garlic and crushed red pepper, if desired. Simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Blend the ingredients with an immersion blender or in a standard blender and then return to pot.
- Return the soup to a simmer. Add the kale to the soup. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in red beans and cook for 5 more minutes.
Calories – 273 per serving