Little secrets to eating out this weekend.
1. Check out the menu online and pick a healthier option on the menu.
2. See if the restaurant posts the nutritional information and pick an item lower in fat and sodium.
3. Take half your food home.
4. Split a meal with someone.
5. Split dessert with someone.
6. Don’t go to the restaurant starving.
7. Only get 1 basket of chips or 1 basket of bread.
8. Limit yourself to 1 alcoholic drink.
9. Order a salad with the dressing on the side to get some extra vegetables and to fill up your stomach so you won’t need to eat all your dinner.
10. Try to stay away from fried foods and heavy cream sauces. (But if this is what you order, remember to take half home and that will help to cut back on fat, sodium and calories)
Wendy’s allergen and nutrition information – https://www.wendys.com/en-us/allergen-information
Applebee’s nutrition information – https://www.applebees.com/~/media/docs/Applebees_Nutritional_Info.pdf
Cheesecake Factory nutrition information – http://www.cheesecakefactorynutrition.com/restaurant-nutrition-chart.php
5 Guys nutrition information – http://www.fiveguys.com/~/media/Files/FiveGuys/PublicSite/enUS/nutritioninfo.ashx?la=en
Would you like to learn more about creating healthy meals for you and your family? Are you tired about learning about what is healthy and what is not healthy from unreliable sources? Let me, a Registered Dietitian teach you about nutrition so you and your family can have a healthy and happy 2016. I will also have some great healthy and delicious food for you to enjoy.
Come to the “Simple Nutrition” clinic on Saturday, Jan. 23 @ 10 am
Location: Virginia Garden Organic Grocery store located at the Virginia Beach Farmers Market
Cost: $35 (bring a friend for FREE)