Make the most of fresh peaches!
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- 5 ripe peaches, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Place ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 or 10 minutes, until peaches become very soft.
- Cool slightly and serve while still warm.
- Serves 4. Each serving has 100 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g sugars, and 2 g protein.
- Each serving also has 12% vitamin A, 40% vitamin C, 1% calcium and 5% iron.
- This sweet treat makes a delicious snack when spread on whole wheat toast.
- Drizzle some compote on nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt for dessert.
- To keep the peaches sturdier, as pictured above, simply simmer your concoction for less time.
PDF Handout: Peach-Compote-Handout
Do you need help with meal planning? Are you making the same recipes over and over again? We can help you create delicious and healthy recipes each week when you join our “Recipe Club”. Join today and we will send you 5 dinner recipes each week along with a prepared shopping list.
Contact us today!
Cathy Bowers, RD