Make these delicious quesadillas with your leftover sweet potatoes!
Sweet Potato Quesadillas
- 2 cups baked or steamed sweet potatoes
- 6 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- 6 large whole grain tortillas
- Combine the sweet potatoes, nutritional yeast, Sriracha, smoked paprika, and salt in a medium bowl and mash with a fork until smooth. You can also do this in a food processor if you prefer.
- Spread the filling evenly on each large tortillas, depending on how much filling you want in your quesadillas. Fold tortillas in half and push together gently.
- Quickly toast on both sides in a nonstick pan, or broil in the oven, until crispy.
- Take off the heat and serve immediately.
280 Calories; 5 g Fat (17.0% calories from fat); 7 g Protein; 51 g Carbohydrate
Recipe adapted from One Green Planet
Cathy Bowers, RD