Perfect Peach Salsa!
Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- 2 peaches, cored and cubed
- 1 ripe tomato, cored and cubed
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 4 hours before serving.
- Serves 6. Each serving has 26 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g sugars, and 1 g protein.
- Each serving also has 6% vitamin A, 13% vitamin C, 0% calcium and 0% iron.
- This salsa is the perfect topping for grilled chicken or fish.
- It’s also great when served as a dip for chips.
- Use a mild peach vinegar for an extra boost of flavor.
- The hot pepper controls the heat of the salsa, so use less (or switch in a bell pepper) for a milder salsa. You can also increase the amount of spice with a larger serving of diced hot peppers.
Print recipe – foodandhealth.com-Speedy Spicy Summer Salsa
Do you need help with menu planning and creating a shopping list? We can do this for you! Join our “Recipe Club” and we will send you 5 healthy and delicious recipes each week to your email box along with a shopping list. Don’t hesitate! Join today! Contact us and we will get you started this week!
Cathy Bowers, RD