This classically-seasoned vegetable adds delicious flavor and color to your table.
- 1 head cauliflower, with leaves removed, rinsed (leave whole)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
- Italian seasoning (to taste)
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Place the cauliflower head in a large roasting pan or pie pan. Pour the marinara sauce over the top and around the sides. Top with garlic, Italian seasoning, and bread crumbs. Roast the cauliflower at 350 degrees until soft, about 20 minutes. Top with fresh basil and grated Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Serves 6. Each 1-cup serving: 71 calories, 1g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 1mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 5g sugars, 4g protein.
PDF Handout: foodandhealth.com-Pizza-Roasted Cauliflower
Cathy Bowers, RD