Power Up With Breakfast!
Power Up with Breakfast
Breakfast gives you energy to start the day. A healthy breakfast is important for everyone. Get the morning nutrition you need with these quick breakfast ideas.
- Make instant oatmeal with low-fat milk instead of water. Toss in raisins or dried cranberries and chopped walnuts.
- Layer low-fat plain yogurt with your favorite crunchy cereal and blueberries
- Blend a breakfast smoothie with low-fat milk, frozen strawberries and a banana
- Make one packet of microwave oatmeal with low-fat milk. Mix in 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce. Sprinkle with apple pie spice or cinnamon
- Top a toaster waffle with low-fat yogurt and peach slices
- Stuff a whole-wheat pita with a sliced, hard-cooked egg and low-fat shredded cheese
- Spread a flour tortilla with peanut Add a whole banana and roll it up.
- Spread low-fat cream cheese on a whole-grain toasted bagel. Top with sliced strawberries
- Add lean ham and low-fat Swiss cheese to a toasted whole-grain English muffin
- If your taste buds just don’t crave breakfast foods, try these:
- • Peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole-grain bread
- • Leftover veggie pizza • Deli turkey, a slice of low-fat cheese and lettuce wrapped in a tortilla
- • Leftover rice mixed with low-fat yogurt, dried fruit and nuts. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Power up with a healthy breakfast and you’re off to a great start! (Read more at Eatright.org)